frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Game server

Is it within the the acceptable use acceptable use policy to host a game server here. I was thinking like Ark that is fairly power hungry along with a supporting website / chat room. I know that minecraft is ok as you post instructions on setting up a simple minecraft server

Tagged:

Comments

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

@nigel said:
    Is it within the the acceptable use acceptable use policy to host a game server here. I was thinking like Ark that is fairly power hungry along with a supporting website / chat room. I know that minecraft is ok as you post instructions on setting up a simple minecraft server

Hello,

Hosting a game server is acceptable, there is nothing wrong with it. However, you should evaluate if our packages resource are enough for your project, because we don't specialize in it, in general.

Also, any power(I assume you refer to CPU) usage should follow a general guideline:

https://www.time4vps.com/knowledgebase/can-i-use-cpu-100-all-the-time/